Halo Offers Jurisdictions All-in-One Transportation Intelligence
Photo enforcement has come a long way since it was first introduced in the Netherlands in the 1960s. Long gone are the days of disruptive installation, difficult maintenance and labor-intensive operation. Advancements in data collection, camera technology and automation have made camera systems easier to use, more cost-effective and roadways safer for everyone. Halo, the latest innovation from Redflex, delivers industry-leading clarity and versatility for cities dedicated to reducing vehicle-related fatalities. Halo has been designed with ease of utilization and total cost of ownership at its forefront, delivering an enforcement system that streamlining installation, communication and maintenance. It also serves as a “force multiplier,” freeing up law enforcement officers to focus on other high-priority tasks while still ensuring dangerous roadways are monitored 24/7. The state-of-the art camera technology is capable of performing comprehensive traffic analysis, which provides greater context for roadway management. With the ability to capture license plates and monitor speeding, red-light or stop-sign incidents, law enforcement can use Halo to detect and deter potential violations, identify important trends in driving behavior and implement changes to best serve and support commuters and pedestrians. Several key features offer cities numerous benefits and set Halo apart from other enforcement options.
Multiple Deployment Options Offer Ease of Operation, No Matter the Road Condition or RequirementExisting infrastructure or unique geography shouldn’t prevent cities from installing a traffic camera, especially in problematic areas. Whether you need 24/7 highway monitoring, or a camera in a school zone during peak hours, Halo makes incident detection and analysis seamless in a variety of settings. Halo can be deployed in three different formats:
- Halo – Designed to be placed permanently at one location, Halo is a multi-functional, one-pole solution. It features an interconnected, rotating camera, enabling jurisdictions to monitor a broader area with fewer systems than competitive solutions.
- Halo Distributed – This option may be installed above the roadway or on a side-of-road mount.
- Halo Deployable – With quick and easy relocation, Halo Deployable offers jurisdictions the ultimate flexibility to monitor traffic when and where it’s needed most.
Advanced Imaging for Precise IdentificationHalo includes advanced cameras, delivering exceptionally high performance consistently, including in low-light or inclement weather. Cities see an increased enforcement success rate with improved image quality and vehicle identification.
- Bi-directional views in all Halo deployments capture both oncoming and departing traffic with industry-leading efficiency.
- Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) is able to detect and record traffic in multiple lanes, while recording high quality license plate images.
- Three-Dimensional High Definition (3DHD) radar captures vehicle speed, direction and angle with unmatched accuracy, and it eliminates the need for in-ground sensors.
- LED flash, rather than outdated Xenon units, provide targeted illumination and excellent performance even in low-light conditions, all with less electrical consumption.